Squad training is for the fastest swimmers in the club, usually 14 to 18 year olds who train at least 4 times a week. This is the Top Squad, all swimmers will be actively competing, and attending sessions as well as land training Saturdays 9.15 – 10.00. Up to 6 hours a week are available. Note, top up training sessions with Poole Swimming Club are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays – speak to Jeff for further details.
Pre – Requisites:-
- County Consideration Times
- Commitment to 4 sessions a week (except illness or pre-arranged with coach)
- 50m-800/1500m FC, 50m-200m BK, BR, FLY, IM, 400IM times on ranx.
- Competitive Start award
- Commitment to Team events
- Commitment to competing (this is a competitive squad).
- All strokes, turns, starts, underwater phases legal and ability to streamline 10m consistent, off wall at start, consistently 5m at turns.
- Swanage is NOT a suitable session. (17m pool)
Jeff Sandley HEAD COACH STA Full Teacher
Les Jessop ASA Full Teacher, Level 2 Coach
Steve Tegg ASA Level 1 Coach
Danny Partridge STA Assistant Teacher
- Open Meets
- County Championships
- Regional Championships
- Inter-club galas and leagues